Flamborough

Details of any special events will be announced here. This forum is viewable by all, guests may post but are subject to moderation.

Flamborough

Postby M0RCX » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Flamborough

Hello As there has been so much other stuff going on within the club nothing has been booked this year for Flamborough. I have all the information for the council from last year and will be appling soon.

Camping
You have two choices for camping. New World campsite is at the top of the hill and better for radio but has disadvantage of no showers on site. The lower camp site is closer to town and does have basic showers.

Both sites will require advance booking so if you could give me an ndication of what you prefer i will get on with making reservations.

More details on dates to follow but normally mid week in August

Robert
M0RCX

Re: Flamborough

Postby Conrad G0RUZ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Well I've never been before but Robert has persuaded me that I ought to take some vhf gear with me so I will do. I could theoretically do 6m, 4m, 2m,70cms and 23cms. Which of the 2 sites has the most elevated takeoff? 70cms and 23cms is very different at coastal locations to what it is inland there is lots to go at; In August 6m and 4m will be really good, there will be all kinds of stuff to work.

So maybe we should just do 6/4 and 70 and 23cms? That way only 3 antennas.

I didn't know that radio amateurs had showers, just goes to show how things have changed since I have been away.

Conrad G0RUZ

PS please drag members on here, it will only work if people read and contribute.
Conrad G0RUZ
Site Admin

Postby M0RCX » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 am

Worked farm us higher.

Now to operate lighthouse i will need to apply for nov . Chris currently has them in his name.
Further more we have to lug all the kit to flamborough head every day as council wont let u stay over night.

In evenings we worked from campsite an it was ok sat at. Picnic table.

Me personally would be as happy not leaving the site but then could not fulfil activating lighthouse
M0RCX

Postby Karen_M6KSD » Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm

It was my first time at flamborough last year and i really enjoyed it we did make a lot of contacts although i do think its a trek everyday to the lighthouse and carrying all the radio gear to the lighthouse.I agree with others that it would be more better doing it from the campsite,and with one of the campsites been on a hill it should be a better take of,I am really looking forward to it as it is a really brilliant weekend,for me it cant come quic enough.Karen M6KSD.
Karen_M6KSD

Return to Special Events