Joined The Forum/Group

For general announcements and other newsworthy items of general interest to amateur radio operators, short wave listeners or anyone interested in the hobby. This forum viewable by all, guests may post but are subject to moderation.

Joined The Forum/Group

Postby M6FAX » Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi all I joined this group and forum in April this year when I found a link to the site (Where I just cannot remember) and I thought as I'm in Halifax it would be a great idea Sadly certain events overtook me as my partner Dawn was diagnosed with cancer and sadly passed away on the 21st of April...(no worries guys I'm not after any sympathy) So after sorting out lots of paperwork of which there is an unbelievable amount..I now find myself with quite a bit of time on me hands..However as we had a rented property in Tenerife I have to return there for a few weeks to sort out that side of things (I leave on the 14th May)..once that is taken care of I will be back into Gods Country (West Yorkshire) with a view to joining the club and furthering my licence at least up to Intermediate Status
Sorry it's such a long rambling post but a bit of narrative always helps build up the picture
Ipsos Custodes..Ipsos Custodiet
M6FAX

Re: Joined The Forum/Group

Postby Conrad G0RUZ » Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hello and welcome.
I look forward to meeting you soon. As for the intermediate license we need to sort a few bits of paperwork out ourselves so that we can instruct and examine people.
See you soon.

Conrad G0RUZ
Conrad G0RUZ
Site Admin

Postby M0RCX » Wed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi there and thanks for visiting the site. It is nice to know that people are finding us out there on the internet and on behalf of all of us welcome t the group.

Robert
M0RCX
M0RCX

Postby Conrad G0RUZ » Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

An old friend of mine from Leeds, Mick Almark G1EZF is visiting us on Thursday as well. It seems that word is getting out. There is likely to be a CME impact from the Sun Thursday which will be bad news for HF probably but on 6m - anything could happen.

I will be putting a report of yesterday evening on the website, it was interesting. I recorded a beacon from ZD7 and we had quite a few Caribbean stations.

Conrad
Conrad G0RUZ
Site Admin

Postby M6RIK » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi Conrad. How is the paperwork coming on for the training & examinations?

I'd love to upgrade to intermediate.
Remember:
Listen to the music, not the song.

Understanding is a three edged sword.
M6RIK

Return to General Announcements and Other News